I must preface this by telling you that while working in Miami I pretty much only listed to two songs on repeat – Eko Miami by my current afrobeats Bae Maleek Berry and ofcourse Miami by Will Smith. Things to do in Miami
Miami like NYC was a complete surprise I found it to be pretty relaxed and easy to get lost in and make friends – as always the accent just makes people want to speak to you and show you a good time which was fun to do in my downtime as I was actually there for work. Things to do in Miami
Here’s a little list of things to do in Miami namely where you should go and what to do. You can also see all of this in my instastory still.
- The One Hotel is simple gorgeous inside as you enter the lobby it smells amazing. Breakfast has to be had at the Habitat restaurant – they have one of the best buffets I’ve ever had at breakfast.
- Sunset Juice Bar is great for people watching but the interior and menu is very basic and sometimes you need basic you know.
- Healthy brunch has to be had at Dreamer it’s a lovely healthy spot where you can get the requsite avo on toast, acai bowls and fresh juices.
It also has a very famous seating area which is on thousands on Instagram accounts even I couldn’t resist snapping away. I actually ran 2 miles to Dreamer one night listening to Maleek Berry’s Eko Miami on repeat just so I could fulfil my acai bown craving – soo worth it.
- I ate the most amazing and borderline life changing Guacamole at Rosa’s which J introduced me to- they make it fresh for you right at your table and you can choose just how much chilli you want – perfect for this spice fiend.
- I also frequently ordered HuaHuas on uber eats as it was the most delicious Mexican food ever – I don’t even have images of it as it was that good I just had to devour it.
- The Standard Spa I went for lunch with Ria Michelle here and the Kale Ceaser and fries -because salad pairs well with fries.
And just look at that pool!
- Lucali do famously good pizza but the waiter I had was sooo rude like beyond rude and having been a watress myself for 3 years I am always friendly to waitstaff but he was just beyond rude.
- Arson restaurant is a seafood restaurant – got to try Dorado which I really liked!
- I went to Wynwood which is basically Shoreditch as I have a friend who runs the Shawn Kolodny gallery nearby, he took me to the Salty Donut another must do where I had a creme brulee donut that was soo good and I would fully hope on a plane to have again.
- I traversed on to the Wynwood Art Walls, took outfit photos on my tripod and then I had a customized ice-cream at Cielo that I simply can’t recommend it enough,
- Visit OSME fragrances to discover brand names and up and comers in the scent world
Go to the Zoo with a group get on the safari cycles as it definitely a group activity. It was so much fun going around and seeing the animals a highlight was feeding the Giraffes it’s a silly but fun thing to do and I love Giraffes so this was a real treat
- Vous Church I love popping into American church services it’s just a whole other level of charisma.
- At The ONE hotel
- The Standard Spa – essentially Miamis Ace hotel in Shoreditch if you ask me. It’s a young liberaL crowd.
- The Editon Miami beach – smaller than the ONE but with a cooler vibe and a lot easier to jump from room to pool to beach.