Northampton University Fashion Show 2013
Here is the part were I wax lyrical about my University (#sorrynotsorry):
There is something to be said about finding gold in your own backyard!
As a ‘Northamptonite’ and design student it is fantastic seeing my Alma Mater doing well.
As regular readers all know I don’t usually cover Graduate Fashion Week and I hadn’t been planning on doing so this season either, but having received an invite to our show from the Deans office I wasn’t going to say no and I’m glad I didn’t. I also went to the gala on Wednesday with the lovely ladies from NEXT.
The caliber of talent the students at Northampton University showcased this GFW was astounding (and incredibly motivating hopefully this will be me in 2 years- no pressure huh).
Enough from me, have a look at their work for yourselves.
*All images were taken by me and as such are copyrighted- so no stealing unless its your work or email me if you would like them.
This is the most picture heavy post ever published on iamnrc.com but its worth it!
1. Kayleigh Smith I love this colourful spin on traditional prints.
2. Elijah Kinne – as big a character as his heels!
3. Mia Felce – One of my favourite collections, The mix of textures and patterns is pretty awesome. Mia described it in three words as ‘fun, eclectic, hand printed’.
4. Sonia Khatun showcased oversized pieces mixed with mongolian hair were stellar! I loved the styling too.
5. Lisa Janson
6. You can never go wrong with all black avant garde shapes now can you?
7.Kirandeep Bassan’s colourful textiles collection won her the Zandra Rhodes Textile Award
(I’m doing a seperate post on her so here is a peak at some of her work)
8. Jodie Payne
9. Charlotte Eastwood – I actually sat with Charlotte as she made one of her gorgeous jackets (The second image) and kept stroking the rabbit fur she used in this collection. Charlotte if your needing a home for one of your jackets…
10. Iyesha Whitehouse served up a variety of interestingly cut separates in my favourite colour black and white. Perfect!
11. Roxy Demetria Eusebio – The textures in this collection were everything!