At this point we all know I love food so for me to say this mixed bean and butternut squash burrito is the yummiest thing I have ever cooked and eaten means that this is the yummiest thing I have ever cooked and eaten.
Its a bit of an epic statement from a girl who loves to eat so you must believe me!
This is pretty simple and yummy, it takes a little time.
Yield 5 burritos:
1/2 a butternut squash cubed and peeled.
80g uncooked short grain brown rice
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 red pepper
1/3 yellow pepper
1/3 green pepper
1 tsp cumin seed s
1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup cheese/vegan cheese
5 tortilla wraps large
Optional: Avocado, Salsa, Sour cream, Spinach,Lettuce, Arugula)
1. Preheat ovenand line a glass dish with tinfoil. Drizzle olive oil on squash and give a shake of salt and pepper. Coat with hands. Roast chopped butternut squash for 45 mins. or until tender.
2.Cook 80g brown rice according to instructions
3. Sautee your onions and garlic after 5 minuted add in your chopped peppers
4. Wash your canned beans, add them to the mix and add in your spices (cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper etc) to taste. Sautee for 10 minutes then add in your rice.
5. After ten minutes and in as much squash and you want smushing (technical word her hombres) it with a fork. Mix well and add cheese/ vegan cheese.
Stir it up stir it up till the cheese has melted.
6. Get your tortilla on a place line with Spinach (or whatever you have chosen) add as filling and Avocado (or whatever else you chose).
7. Using the sides fold in, close the bottom and roll it all up.
I love getting your tweets and instagrams so let me know if you make it!