Braun Silk Epil 9
The sun is out and its time for the pins to finally make an appearance after months of being covered up. I have always shaved never waxed or epilated but that all changed this week when I tried out the Braun Silk Epil 9. Pain and I are not friends and I actively avoid anything that may inflict it so I approached epilating with some unnecessary trepidation. I used it in the bath as the Silk-epil 9 is waterproof and my pores would be open which makes it easier to epilate. It also meant I could exfoliate right after because ingrowns are a no no! You are aware you are epilating and there is a little discomfort but it’s not the tear inducing variety and after a while you get used to it trust me! I have fine hair and it was still picked up so I’m very impressed this is apparently down to the MicroGrip technology.
Included in the box is an exfoliation brush head, a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a high frequency massage cap, a skin contact cap and a facial cap.
Be sure to exfoliate afterwards. This is something I already do with a manual brush but the exfoliation head is definitely better.
- Massage head – helps to soothe
- Shaver and trimmer – The trimmer is s great for your bikini line
- Body contact cap – Helps when epilating tricky bits
- Face cap – I’d just had my face threaded but I’ll update this when I finally try it out
- Mini brush – makes it easy to clean the attachment heads and base
- Sonic exfoliation brush – helps keep skin smooth and gets rid of dead skin; Use on the arms, legs and décolletage
- Regrowth takes longer than shaving
- Built in light so you can spot strays
- Economical- no more disposable razors or trips to wax
- Stops you needing so many devices. Especially with the extra attachments.
- It didn’t irritate my skin (I have fairly sensitive skin)
- Skin Adapting Pivoting Head
- Wider head means faster epilation (having never epilated before I can’t say but it’s being buzzed about online)
- You can’t use the unit and charge it at the same time. However a red light does come on when the battery is low
- Charger – requires a shaver point, or an adapter for 2 pin to UK plug socket (I have a point in my bathroom but am unsure how common these are)
This post was sponsored by Procter & Gamble but as always all opinions are my own.